Friday, November 21, 2014

Love hurts

Love hurts, and I mean this in the most non-cliche, not-trying-to-be-poetic, way because it's true. The person you love most could very well make you happy, but is definitely the one person in the world who may potentially hurt you the most. 


What I realised was I may have just caught a glimpse of what I felt my ex could have been potentially going through when he was with me. You need time to digest that sentence, feel free to peruse over it.


What I'm saying is that it's all making sense to me; the tantrums he was throwing over and over again, the desire to be close to me, the frustrations and fleeting thoughts he must have been going through throughout the course of our relationship. The seemingly insignificant things I felt I said, but the impact it must have had on him. They're all making sense. I just feel so bad that I did not realise this earlier on and solved them when I had the chance.


When you love somebody, you give them your all, you try to make them happy as often as possible. You want to be with them through the ups and downs. But once the other does not reciprocate or maybe have the slightest discrepancy, you start to have doubts. Once you doubt, you dig deeper. This is when it starts getting dangerous. 


You start to feel the need to get closer to him/her and to keep him/her by your side. You start obsessing over them and here is where you start to get all clingy. And let's be honest, not many people like a clingy partner, one who doesn't their partner personal space. The more you want to get closer to them, the more they feel the need to get away, take a breather, from you. It really is a vicious cycle.

What I'm trying to say is that, once you love somebody, trust that person, ignore the discrepancy as much as you can. Well, unless your partner is really acting the opposite of what you're doing, then, we've got a problem here. I know it's hard to differentiate between what is having gone too far and what is not, but this is where it gets back to my point: Love, hurts. 

Keep musing,
#museestate

No comments:

Post a Comment