Monday, December 29, 2014

Dear future husband,

This post is inspired by Meghan Trainor’s "Dear Future Husband".

"Dear future husband,
Here's a few things
You'll need to know if you wanna be
My one and only all my life..."

- Meghan Trainor

Dear future husband,

First, I want to let you know how lucky we are to have each other. I'll never say another "I do" with such adrenaline, to be yours for the rest of my life. I'll feel honoured to have taken up your family name and become part of it.

- I don't ever want to feel lonely -

But you need to also know I don't ever want to feel lonely. Maybe we'll have different working hours, but take your time off for me and we'll celebrate. Take me to a romantic dinner for two and hold my hand across the candlelit table. Buy me breakfast while I'm still sound asleep and return just in time to kiss me off our bed. You're back home late but you never fail to buy my favourite supper to console me for waiting up. 

- You'll love me even more -

Buy me flowers from time to time and I promise I'll grow a garden out of them. Keep giving me surprises and I promise I’ll love you deeper each time, if that’s possible. Put a smile on my face and I'll put one on yours. I'll turn your frown upside down from your day of hard work with your favorite food I keep failing to master. But I know you'll love me even more for that.

- Feel like we're young again -

I want you to be in the kitchen with me for our silly culinary master chef competitions and try not to burn down the kitchen. We'll have separate stations to prepare our food but we'll never fail to walk away to take a peek and steal some kisses. We'll do cute things that couples do, and feel like we're young again. Hug me from my back and kiss me on my neck, even though I might be too focussed on cutting up the garlics and onions. We make a big mess, but we both know the most creative people think best in messy environments.

- We'll not give up -

There will be bills, fines and fees to worry about, but we'll not give up. We'll soldier on side by side and conquer them all. There will also be the downs when we fight, but we will know that we care too much to hurt each other, and so we call a truce and kiss it away. Keep me calm when I start acting up and thinking too much again, and I'll feel safe in your embrace. We'll feel sad when the other is sick, but we become the best personal nurse one could ask for. 

- Remind us about us when we grow old-

I'll make you feel like we're in wonderland but assure you this is real. Shower me with kisses, just because you love me so much. Run away with me to paradise when I'm in need of a getaway from work, just the two of us. We will let the sun melt away our worries and take silly pictures to remind us about us when we grow old.

 - Our love is bigger -

We may not be the richest people but I want you to know our love is bigger than that. And our children will feel this love everyday even when we leave this world. We’ll nurture them together, scold them, guide them, pamper them, love them and they’ll always be our babies in our eyes no matter how or what they grow up to become. We’ll tell them about our great love and wish they find the same.

- Life would never be the same -

If I had a choice, I would want to leave this world with you, because it would be too much for me to handle living without you in this world. I won’t even be able to imagine when we start forgetting about each other, our children and grandchildren. Until then, I know that life would never be the same without you. 

With love,
Your future wife

Keep musing,
#museestate

No comments:

Post a Comment